With wedding and graduation season coming up, it's always handy to have congratulatory cards on hand. This practice sheet guides you through seven different styles of 'congratulations,' so you can mix up your style without all the pressure. I've also included, as an extra freebie, a simple floral wreath guide to supplement your calligraphy.
Here are some ways you can use the practice page:
- You can use these with a regular pen to practice your "faux calligraphy," or use your favorite brush pen. You can even print it out on watercolor paper to practice your watercolor brush lettering.
- Print as many copies of the page as you want, until you feel like you've mastered the style you want!
- Need a card, but don't have time to practice? Use graphite transfer paper to trace directly onto your card!
- I love having some blank cards and envelopes on hand! At around 25 cents, they are still much cheaper than the card aisle.
This practice page can be printed on any kind of letter-sized paper (8.5in x 11in). Practice any kind of lettering you want to practice, whether hand-lettering or "faux calligraphy," brush pen lettering, dip pen and ink calligraphy, or even watercolor brush calligraphy! If you would like to use a brush pen, I recommend printing the practice page on premium 32 lb laser printer paper. Unfortunately, it is possible to ruin your brush pen's tip with regular paper, which can be rough.
Files are for one user only. You may print the file as many times as you'd like, but for personal use only. This product may not be sold or gifted, either in print or digital form; however, feel free to share this blog post with your friends!
Subscribe to our email newsletter below (which are few and far between, and always come with more freebies!) to receive access to the free printable!
Where to go from here?
- Check out some other articles on learning hand-lettering below.
- Follow along on Instagram, where I regularly post tips, tricks, and inspiration.