Holiday Gift Guide 2017
At Christmas, we often give gifts to our loved ones that we know they won't buy for themselves—and art often falls into that category! A lovingly hand-lettered piece may be perfect for your friend or family member; here is a guide to show you which.
For the Bookworm
If you know a friend or family member who has a favorite quote, you can have it hand-lettered to order! Our system makes it easy to request a custom quote: just pick the style and background that most matches the quote or the giftee's personality, submit your quote, and have it sent directly to your doorstep (or email inbox), ready for framing!
For the Theologian
This year, we celebrated the 500th anniversary of the Protestant Reformation; these pieces are perfect for the one who A) knows what the 5 Solas are and what they mean and B) would love to commemorate these pillars of the Christian faith on their wall or bookshelf.
For the Minimalist
These pieces have a slight Scandinavian bent and are perfect for the modern home, minimal or not! Some of them are even printable, so you can have your gift delivered to you without leaving the couch.
For the Plant Lover
These pieces are perfect for those who love a nice splash of greenery in their homes!
Custom Quote Ideas
Want to get something special for a loved one, but have no ideas? Here are some ideas for the special people in your life.
- "Her children rise up and call her blessed." —Pov. 31:28
- "She is worth far more than rubies." —Prov. 31:10
- "A mother's love for her child is like nothing else in the world. It knows no law, no pity it dares all things and crushes down remorselessly all that stand in its path."
- "So much of me is made from what I learned from you; you'll be with me like a handprint on my heart." —Kristin Chenoweth
- "Lately all my friends are worried that they're turning into their fathers. I'm worried that I'm not." —Dan Zevin
- "A good father is one of the most unsung, unpraised, unnoticed, and yet one of the most valuable assets in our society." —Billy Graham
For a Sibling
- "A sister is a little bit of childhood that can never be lost." —Marion Garretty
- "The best part of life is when your family become your friends and your friends become your family." —Robin Roberts
- "A friend loves at all times, and a brother is born for adversity." —Prov. 17:17
For a Friend
- "There are some people in life that make you laugh a little louder, smile a little bigger, and live just a little bit better." (Anonymous)
- "Sometimes you will never know the value of a moment until it becomes a memory." —Dr. Seuss
- "One who has unreliable friends soon comes to ruin, but there is a friend who sticks closer than a brother."—Prov. 18:24
For a Spouse
- Have a portion of your vows hand-lettered, a verse from your favorite song or the song that was played for your first dance!
- "Let the wife make the husband glad to come home, and let him make her sorry to see him go." —Martin Luther
- "When I have learnt to love God better than my earthly dearest, I shall love my earthly dearest better than I do now." —C.S. Lewis
- "The first love is drunken. When the intoxication wears off, then comes the real marriage love." —Martin Luther
Found your quote?